Sunday, February 10, 2008

Statement of Intent

Hooray! My long overdue return to the blogspot web community. Instead of the typical over dramatic diary entries of my life (for those, please stay tuned to my livejournal, The Kleinium Triaxis reunleashed; The Kleinium Triaxis Unleashed, of course, being my first [and now defunct] blogger journal), it is my hope to have this serve as a student run version of my favorite, television without pity. Since I have no shot at working there, but love making snarky comments about all of the (admittedly sometimes bad) television I watch, this is the next best thing. Obviously, there is a backlog of a lot of tv I would love to have recapped already but time just doesn't permit...yet(let's see how summer pans out) but I my hope is not only to provide recaps of episodes but also, at the very least, general reviews that may take existing interests and lead them to genius shows that went unnoticed (clearly there will be plenty of references to SportsNight, and Undeclared then). That being said, I may also feel compelled to post short blurbs about good films and/or music, both things I also like. I mean, the main intent of this is to make my procrastinating habits seem slightly more legit.

I hope to recruit at least a few others to join me in this and am always willing to talk tv.

On the agenda:

Currently planning recaps for:
Lost (season 4)
House (season 4)
The West Wing (season 5)
Buffy, the Vampire Slayer (season 3)

Planned eventually:
Sports Night
Veronica Mars
Undeclared
Freaks and Geeks

On the backburner:
Any backlogged episodes of currently airing programs (including, lost, house, the office, heroes, friday night lights, etc)
Six Feet Under
Arrested Development
Weeds
Entourage

1 comment:

Julia York said...

Oooh, Ryan, I'm excited. But the layout is kind of ugly, make it nicer.