Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscar Predictions--Oriental Style

Comes with your choice of white or fried rice and wonton soup, hot and sour soup, or egg roll.
My selections are pretty fucking similar to Julia's (I did say she had fair good taste before), except to try and one up her tonight, I picked a couple dark horses. And then there were all the categories I was just making stuff up for.

Picture: No Country For Old Men
Director: The Coen Brothers
Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis
Actress: Ellen Page (I just kinda wish)
Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem
Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett (Just so Julia will hate me more)
Animated Feature: Ratatouille
Documentary: Sicko
Screenplay, Adapted: No Country For Old Men
Screenplay, Original: Juno
Documentary Short: Sari's Mother
Foreign Film: 12
Short Flim, Animated: Even Pigeons Go to Heaven
Short Flim, Live: At Night
Art Direction: Atonement
Cinematography: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Film Editting: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Costume Design: Sweeney Todd
Makeup: Pirates of the Caribbean
Sound Editting: The Bourne Ultimatum
Sound Mixing: 3:10 to Yuma
Visual Effects: Transformers
Original Score: Atonement
Original Song: Falling Slowly

My predictions are kinda half assed...it would've helped if I went to the theatres more frequently...or people would send me dvds with all the movies on them so I could make better evaluations. Points to people for each category they can identify I completely guessed on. Here's to hoping I beat Julia!

No comments: