Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Best TV has to Offer

A while back, Julia made the astute comment that theme songs just aren't what they used to be. So, I took it upon myself to find the best out there. And this is what I came back with.


Top tv theme songs

Top 5 Overrated Themes:
In researching these lists, I poured over the lists of many others I could find. Here are the 5 worst themes that I saw way too frequently.

5. Dawson’s Creek

I hate this song so much

4. Six Feet Under

I even like Six Feet Under a lot. This theme is just not memorable.

3. M*A*S*H

I think I just never really liked M*A*S*H and immediately changed the channel.

2. Miami Vice


1. MacGyver


5 of the Best Themes that I just couldn’t fit into a category:

5. The Monkees


4. Cheers


3. Batman


2. Friends


1. Iron Chef



Top 5 Explanatory Theme Songs:

5. Beverley Hillbillies


4. Brady Bunch


3. Addams Family


2. Gilligan’s Island


1. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

If you cannot sing along to this, get out of my face.

Top 5 TV Land/Nick at Nite Themes:

5. Mary Tyler Moore Show


4. Happy Days


3. I Dream of Jeannie


2. Three’s Company


1. The Greatest American Hero


Top 5 Puppet Show Themes:

5. Sesame Street


4. Land of the Lost


3. Mystery Science Theater 3000


2. Fraggle Rock


1. The Muppet Show



Top 5 Themes still on TV:

5. Weeds

For the record, my favorite cover of this is by Death Cab, beating out The Shins, Regina Spektor, The Decemberists, and Jenny Lewis.

4. Law and Order: SVU

By far the best of the three.

3. Scrubs


2. House


1. The Office



Top 5 Animated Themes:
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles


4. Pinky and the Brain


3. The Simpsons

This version is ridiculously cool.

2. Animaniacs


1. Captain Planet

Recycle bitch!

Top 5 Themes that might have had ‘A Very Special Episode’:

5. Growing Pains


4. Blossom


3. Saved by the Bell


2. Family Matters


1. Full House



Top 5 Classic Nick Themes:
5. Are You Afraid of the Dark?

I’ll admit it, sometimes this was the scariest shit on SNICK.

4. Hey Dude


3. Clarissa Explains it All


2. Salute Your Shorts
Salute Your Shorts
It’s got the fucking guitarist from Rilo Kiley in it.

1. Pete and Pete



Top 5 Lyricless Themes:
5. Hawaii Five-O

About a billion times better than Jack Johnson.

4. The West Wing

W.G. Snuffy Waldon is the man.

3. Seinfeld

It really put bass on the map.

2. The X Files


1. The Andy Griffith Show


And my number 1 favorite theme song of all time:

1 comment:

Madelyn said...

YOU DIDN'T FOOL ME! I KNEW!

and the friends theme is terrible. other than that, good lists.